The REALTOR® you work with could be one of your most
valuable resources. Unlike many real estate agents who are
simply licensed by their state to do business, REALTORS®
have taken additional steps to become members of the local
board of REALTORS® and have agreed to act under and adhere
to a strict Code of Ethics. Plus...
- A REALTOR® can help you determine how much home you
can afford. Often a REALTOR® can suggest ways to accrue
the down payment and explain alternative financing methods.
- A REALTOR®, in addition to knowing the local money
market, also can tell you what personal and financial data
to bring with you when you apply for a loan.
- A REALTOR® is already familiar with current real estate
values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities,
and may be aware of local zoning changes that could affect
your decision to buy.
- A REALTOR® can usually research your housing needs
in advance through a Multiple Listing Service--even if you
are relocating from another city.
- A REALTOR® can show you only those homes best suited
to your needs--size, style, features, location, accessibility
to schools, transportation, shopping and other personal
- A REALTOR® often can suggest simple, imaginative changes
that make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility
- A REALTOR® is sensitive to the importance you place
on this major commitment you are about to make. Look for
a real estate professional to facilitate negotiation of
a win-win agreement that will satisfy both you and the seller.